Hi
Marc Perkel
2013-03-17 04:22:24 UTC
Hello,

I'm Marc Perkel of Junk Email Filter and previously of the Electronic
Frontier Foundation. What is this list and why am I part of it?
Roger B.A. Klorese
2013-03-17 05:08:02 UTC
Because you were a subscriber to the old ASRG list at irtf.org, and the
list moved?
Chris

list moved?
Roger B.A. Klorese
2013-03-17 05:17:48 UTC
Opted out as in unsubscribing, or opting out as in turning off delivery?
Delivery preferences get flipped all the time due to reconfigurations,
moves, etc -- only unsubscribing, not "nomail," is actually opting out.
the list moved?
Brad Templeton
2013-03-17 07:48:56 UTC
Post by Roger B.A. Klorese
Post by Marc Perkel
Hello,
I'm Marc Perkel of Junk Email Filter and previously of the
Electronic Frontier Foundation. What is this list and why am I part
of it?
Because you were a subscriber to the old ASRG list at irtf.org, and
the list moved?
Um, me too. I may have been on this list a DECADE ago (at least) -- the
memory is dim -- but clearly some error has been made and a lot of
people who left the list in a previous epoch were suddenly re-added.
Yes, that's somewhat ironic for an anti-spam list. I reply to the
list because this is clearly not just about me.

So let's make sure all the accidental adds or re-ads, including me, are
removed.

Oh, and I wrote articles on refundable and non-redeemed stamps back in
1995. However, not much has changed.
http://www.templetons.com/brad/spam/estamps.html
John Levine
2013-03-17 17:21:31 UTC
Post by Brad Templeton
Um, me too. I may have been on this list a DECADE ago (at least) -- the
memory is dim -- but clearly some error has been made and a lot of
people who left the list in a previous epoch were suddenly re-added.
You were on the list set to no-mail.

Really, took the list from the IRSG and copied it over. If you think
I'm lying, there's not much I can do about that.