Test
Alessandro Vesely
2014-09-13 16:27:58 UTC
Discard this message, it's just to see if the From: is being rewritten
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/K2uBckDjS35aiah1j6JY9bSFQ-A
doesn't say whether it's done for all or just p=reject)

Ciao
Ale
-
This is the asrg mailing list. To change your subscription settings, see
http://lists.services.net/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr/domain=lists.gurus.org
John Levine
2014-09-13 19:05:34 UTC
Post by Alessandro Vesely
Discard this message, it's just to see if the From: is being rewritten
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/K2uBckDjS35aiah1j6JY9bSFQ-A
doesn't say whether it's done for all or just p=reject)
You could just ask, you know.

It only does the From: hack for domains that have a DMARC policy other
than p=none. Try writing from a Yahoo address and you'll see what I
mean.

R's,
John
-
Alessandro Vesely
2014-09-15 07:28:59 UTC
Post by John Levine
Post by Alessandro Vesely
Discard this message, it's just to see if the From: is being rewritten
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/K2uBckDjS35aiah1j6JY9bSFQ-A
doesn't say whether it's done for all or just p=reject)
You could just ask, you know.
Yup, thanks.
Post by John Levine
It only does the From: hack for domains that have a DMARC policy other
than p=none. Try writing from a Yahoo address and you'll see what I
mean.
I'm trying from a p=reject address, if I've managed to subscribe it.

Null MX doesn't suite web-only domains which may
occasionally send automated messages. So p=reject seems to be
recommendable to them, even if they are not usually abused.

Ale
-
Alessandro Vesely
2014-09-16 06:04:29 UTC
Post by Alessandro Vesely
I'm trying from a p=reject address, if I've managed to subscribe it.
<<< 553 5.1.1 Not an acceptable address.

That makes sense, if we agree that p=reject addresses are meant to be
non-interactive, at least not in an automated fashion. So, appending
.DMARC.FAIL is just an alternative to appending .INVALID; a better
one, since the latter (as the name says) makes for invalid domains.

Are other people welcome to use dmarc.fail that way? It is going to
cost some more traffic, but maybe will bring statistic data if used
properly. I'd suggest explaining that topic at http://dmarc.fail/...

Ale
-
Alessandro Vesely