Opt-out
Gordon Peterson
2011-09-22 21:30:28 UTC
Well, my personal feeling is that people shouldn't be added to any mailing list
without getting their permission FIRST... rather than adding them and then
giving them the opportunity to "opt-out".

It's like unsolicited phone calls. In theory, you're not supposed to call
ANYBODY without checking the state and federal do-not-call lists... it's illegal
to call and THEN offer them the chance to remove themselves from your calling list.

(Actually, I *sure* wish the state and federal governments would start actively
prosecuting the flagrant violators of THAT law!!)
[Asrg] Opt-Out ideas/suggestions?
Hi,
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg/current/msg02082.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg/current/msg02167.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg/current/msg02252.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg/current/msg02280.html
Has there been any more discussions regarding opt-out (which I must have missed), or is the opt-out track abandoned?
Is there a subgroup I should join for further discussions regarding opt-out?
Regards,
/P
--
Gordon Peterson II