ASRG mailing list archives?
Alessandro Vesely
2013-03-19 11:01:45 UTC
John,
clicking on the " Summary of the Available Archives" I get an error
message:

I expected an e-mail address, but none was defined.

Does that mean archives are not publicly accessible?

Apropos, links to messages in the old archives (possibly through
irtf.org) are spread all over the sp.am and other wikis. I hope they
are not going to be removed...
John Levine
2013-03-19 15:28:49 UTC
Post by Alessandro Vesely
clicking on the " Summary of the Available Archives" I get an error
I expected an e-mail address, but none was defined.
Does that mean archives are not publicly accessible?
No, it means you have to sign in first. The web archives don't
obscure the email addresses, so this makes them considerably more
resistant to being scraped.

You sign in with your own email address and the password that was
in the welcome notice you didn't save.
Alessandro Vesely
2013-03-19 16:43:39 UTC
Post by John Levine
Post by Alessandro Vesely
clicking on the " Summary of the Available Archives" I get an error
I expected an e-mail address, but none was defined.
Does that mean archives are not publicly accessible?
No, it means you have to sign in first. The web archives don't
obscure the email addresses, so this makes them considerably more
resistant to being scraped.
You sign in with your own email address and the password that was
in the welcome notice you didn't save.
Been there, done that, and when I tried to paste the old post's link
into a new post I noticed my address was part of it :-/